8 Not To Be Miss Stations at Conrad Centennial Singapore Oscar's Restaurant

July 19, 2017


It’s buffet time! Most Singaporean enjoy buffet as it’s value for money and you get to sample extensive array of food items. Today, I went to Conrad Centennial Hotel, Oscar’s to try out their international lunch buffet. I had high expectation of the restaurant since it is listed in Wine&Dine Singapore’s Top Restaurants Guide for 2015.  Read on as I follow you through my experience dining in Oscar’s.


Causual yet classy interior dinning area


The building was within walking distance from promenade mrt and it’s located directly opposite the Suntec Fountain. Upon arrival, I was immediately impressed by the way the restaurant had decorated their space and the beautifully arranged table setting. It has a casual and classy vibe to it which was very alluding. As much as I allow myself to immersed into the atmosphere, I am here for the food. Alright, let’s not waste anymore time and grab something to eat!



I’m not particularly a salad person but I have to admit, the salad bar was worth trying. I accompanied my lettuce salad with sliced bacon, dried cherry tomatoes, prawn and their signature caesar salad dressing. It makes a very well balanced salad and I like it a lot. However, I will not go for seconds as there were so many other food to try on.


Bread basket and Cheese selection
Also, there are a few bread and cheese choices. Usually I don’t go for bread. Nonetheless, I slice each piece for tasting. The bread was slightly stale and hard to the stomach.



Deli selection and pasta selection with Hokkiado scallop
On the other end of the table,  I saw that they serve hokkaido scallop, pasta and meat slices such as turkey ham, chicken roll and smoked salmon. They were great addition of food choices in the buffet.


Indian and Nonya cuisine section
Next, I went to the Indian and nyonya cuisine section where they provide many authentic dishes. Two noteworthy dishes were the curry chicken from the Indian cuisine, and pork leg with vinegar from the Nonya cuisine. The curry has a deep earthy taste and the texture like thick smoothie. The pork was fork tender and the sauce goes really well with hot steam rice.



Here, I was asking for a slice of their rib-eye steak. The chef that served me was really friendly and hospitable, willing to give me a thick generous slice cut from the steak and even asked if I would like a second piece. The steak was juicy and tender.  I don’t know, I think I’m weird for saying this but I enjoy the burnt end more than the meat itself.


What was advertised to be the seafood section of the spread

Actual seafood spread for Lunch buffer
As for their seafood bar, do note that they only offer a wide selection of chilled and ready to eat seafood for dinner buffet. The spread for lunch was much more simplified. However, the seafood bar was not to be missed as overall it is still rather fresh. Without a doubt, my favourite was the raw oyster. The taste was fresh and crisp, the flesh was plump and meaty. Every bite was a delight. With a drop of lemon juice and tabasco sauce, you are in business! One disappointment was that the slipper lobster was chewy and reek of an unpleasant smell.

Sashimi and Sushi Station
Another disappointment came from the assorted sushi station. I expect a wider range of sushi selection. It’s always good to replenish the food to create a positive image. I felt like I was choosing from the leftovers. Thankfully, the salmon was fresh.

Fresh Fruits station



If Oscar’s had a high-tea buffet, I’ll be returning back for their dessert. They definitely nailed it on the head. I was carried away by their delicious creation. They do make interesting cakes such as onde-onde cheesecake. In addition, they serve a good variety of traditional nyonya kueh which I went crazy over it. I like their portion size too which allows me to go on trying different types of cake they offered.


For their ice cream station, I was spoiled with the ice cream choices. My go to ice cream flavour is chocolate. However, I notice they serve cendol ice cream too. The cendol ice cream taste very much like durian. If you’re full and can’t take any more food, I suggest having the passion fruit with mango ice cream. The sourness from the passion fruit clears off the greasiness linger on the mouth, perfect to end after a hearty meal.


Overall, I consider the buffet to be passable. To be honest, not very memorable or cost effective considering the price we paid for the spread of buffet lunch. Of course, I understand that this is a high end buffet and it will be priced more. There are other more great buffet around the area. I suggest looking somewhere else instead.

Expected Damaged Per Person: SGD 59


Overall, a ‘better options out there’ one ninja star








Buffet Breakfast : 6am - 10.30am,
Per Adult (SGD 43++ )


Buffet Lunch : 12pm - 2.30pm
Per Adult (SGD 59 ++)


Buffet Dinner: 6pm - 10pm
Per Adult (SGD 72++)


Sunday Brunch: 12.30pm - 3.30pm
Per Adult (SGD 98++)


2 Temasek Boulevard
Conrad Centennial Hotel
Singapore 038982


Contact Number: 65 6432 7481

Website here
Facebook here
Instagram here

Here is where you can find Oscar’s:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Us


About [span]me[/span]

Hello, We are the FoodNinjaSG.

We are food bloggers who are on a mission to search and hunt for food establishment with the best food experience.

Find out more About Us


Privacy Policy

By accessing the website at http://foodninjasg.blogspot.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.

Read more about our privacy policy