Siam Thai Tuck - Thai Restaurant at Punggol Safra

June 22, 2017

I remembered when I was just a small kid, my family and I had to travel all the way to golden mile complex to enjoy authentic thai food cuisine. Not anymore. Nowadays, Thai restaurants can be more commonly sighted at any shopping mall. Today, I brought my friend to Siam Thai Tuckshop after a workout session at Punggol Safra.

Interior Design of the Restaurant
It was a Monday night and the place was rather empt with only less than 10 tables were occupied. The restaurant was newly renovated and designed. The dining area felt spacious, clean and inviting. I can sense the effort boss put in into decorating the place, A+ for effort and execution!

Thai Iced Tea (SGD 3.10)
The ice tea was so sweet that my friend poked fun that he might get diabetes. And I would have to agree with him on that as it is a little too sweet for my taste. Before you take a sip, stir well as the tea portion might have sunk to the bottom of the glass. If I were to come back again, I would have ask for one with more tea and less condensed milk.




Prawn Tom Yum Soup (SGD 13.90)


Close up of the Prawn in Tom Yam Soup

The tom yum soup was sweet, sour, spicy and savoury. The taste was similar to the MaMa Thai instant noodle soup. The prawn was plump, fresh and crunchy. It was plenty for two guys to share. Overall, it’s a delicious bowl of warm and hearty soup to eat alongside with rice.

Fried Battered Squid with Salted Egg (SGD 12.90)
I particularly like the combination between fried food and salted egg. Thus, I knew I had to try this when I saw it on the menu. Every individual piece of squid was coated with a thick layer of salted egg sauce. Very generous indeed. However, I do realise that the battered skin wasn’t sticking well to the squid ring. I would suggest to dust the squid with flour first before dipping into the batter to let the batter adhere better.


Fried Soft Shell Crab with Spicy Dressing (SGD 10.90)


Close up of Fried Soft Shell Crab

Could you believe that this Soft Shell Crab dish is actually cheaper than the previous dish? It is hard to find soft shell crab at supermarket. (PSA: Readers, if you have know any place that sells fresh soft shell crab, LET US KNOW okay?) Anyway, we had to wait quite a while for this dish. The battered was crisp but the flesh was mushy. The sauce was not spicy as what it is stated in the menu. In fact, it is rather sweet, very much like rojak sauce which actually did not have a distinctive Thai flavours that I was expecting.


  Crispy Fried Tofu with Chili Sauce (SGD 8.90)

Close up of the Fried Tofu

In my opinion, this dish was a let down. As the fried tofu was bland even though it was supposed to be eaten together with the chili sauce. This chili sauce had similar problems to the spicy dressing. In a whole, this dish failed to excite my taste bud or led me to want to eat more of it. The fried batter was my favorite part of the dish. It is fluffy, light and airy. It complement well with the silken tofu.

Red Ruby in Crushed Ice with Coconut Milk (SGD 3.90)
This dish is exactly like how the menu had put it - crushed ice with red ruby and coconut milk. There was nothing fancy about it or special about it. I would not recommend ordering this if you are expecting more. My friend and I had regretted our choice. We would choose the Mango Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk.

In my opinion, the dining experience was below par. The flow of their food service was inconsistent. In between dishes, we had to wait 30 minutes or less for the food to come. By then, our rice has already turned cold. Not to forget it was a monday night with less than 10 tables filled. Feedback from customers that had dined there before, this is issue was not only experienced by us. Nonetheless, the friendly service staff did compensate the lack of time management in the kitchen.

Expected damage per person SGD 12 - 25


Operating hours:
Monday - Friday: 11am to 3pm/ 5pm to 9.30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holiday: 11am to 9.30pm

Safra Punggol, 9 Sentul Crescent #02-05, Singapore 828654
Contact Number: +65 6385 6909

Siam Thai Tuck website

Here's a map of where Siam Thai Tuck is located at:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Us


About [span]me[/span]

Hello, We are the FoodNinjaSG.

We are food bloggers who are on a mission to search and hunt for food establishment with the best food experience.

Find out more About Us


Privacy Policy

By accessing the website at http://foodninjasg.blogspot.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.

Read more about our privacy policy