Tulasi Restaurant Food Review | Vegetarian Friendly

January 07, 2018


Contrary to popular belief, vegetarian food need not always be plain and boring with limited food choices and cooking styles. Or at least my visit to Tulasi Restaurant definitely proved how delightful vegetarian dishes can be to the palate – which is no mean feat given the meat lover that I am!



Based on the principles of Love, Laughter and Lavish for all who come and enjoy its environment, the restaurant definitely provides an exclusive and elusive ambiance for its guests to dine in. From a humble beginning of a single floor restaurant to now a double story shop house, the restaurant is the perfect spot for gatherings of all sorts. 

Their vast and diverse menu offers diners a myriad of options from many cuisines – both local and international. There is no doubt that there is something in the extensive menu that would whet the appetite of each and every person who walks through the doors of the restaurant. I have to admit that I took a really long time deciding on what I want to eat. I was truly spoiled for choices.

Not intending to waste any more time, I quickly placed my orders with the waiter who was very friendly and attentive to my meal requests. I was then given pappads to munch on while waiting for my food to arrive. The food came in hot and fresh, which got me salivating at the first look.


Chennai Dum Briyani (SGD 8.90)

The Chennai Dum Briyani is a South Indian style based spiced up chicken Dum briyani. The chicken was really moist, tender and the dhal definitely enhanced its flavor. The chunks of mock meat were really akin to real meat and I was glad they were not dry like most other dum briyanis I’ve tasted. A fantastic dish, truly! 


The Malabar Dum Briyani (Fish) though, was a huge disappointment. The fish, unlike the chicken, was really dry and fibrous. The meat was pretty much tough and majorly lacked in the flavor department. Like the Chennai Dum Briyani, this too came with dhal gravy and the accompaniments. Trust me, the gravy and pickles were the savior of the dish.

Thankfully, the other 3 ala carte dishes I ordered were a splendor and made up for the flaws of the briyanis. They were the stars of the entire meal and made my dinner beyond awesome.


Hot Plate Chili Chicken (SGD 10.90)
Hot-plate Chili Chicken, was spectacular. Served in a sizzling hotplate, the Chinese styled dish is basically marinated chicken pieces wok stirred over special chilli paste and sauce aromatically. The sauce had a unique, complex taste. It was spicy, sour, sweet – all in one! I can’t put my finger on which! For a moment, it really didn’t occur to me that I was eating mock meat! The taste still lingers in my mind!




Mysore Mutton (SGD 9.90)
Available in two styles – dry or gravy- the dish is a famous South Indian City Mysore’s delicacy, diced mutton pieces sautéed with onion, garlic and special Indian spices. I really loved the intense flavor of every piece of mutton. The masala was infused with a blend of spices and it was an explosion of flavors with every bite. The mock meat was so delicate and flavorful. For a spice lover like me, there is nothing not to love about this dish. But if you’ve got low spice tolerance, this is one dish that does pack a punch!


Tom Yum Fish Soup (SGD 8.90)

Served in a claypot, the Tom Yum Fish is a soup dish with mainly fish pieces wok stirred with thai inspired spices and ingredients. The taste of the tom yum was robust and the complexity of the soup was brought by the sour and spicy elements of the broth. I’ve got a bone to pick with the fish though (pun intended, heh). Similar to the fish in the briyani, the fish in here too were dry despite being immersed in the soup. Fortunately, there were a chockful of other ingredients like brinjal and okra which made up for the dryness of the dish. Every sip of the soup made me gleam with delight as I love thai food and this vegetarian version was just as nice as the ones I have had in hawker stalls, or perhaps even better than some!



Overall, I absolutely enjoyed my first dining experience at TULASI and I definitely will be back for more vegetarian delights! Taking into account the price point and accessibility, I strongly recommend the restaurant for food lovers. With most dishes falling in the price range of $8.90 to $10.90, it does not poke a hole in the wallet and truly worth every penny spent.



Expected Damage Per Person: SGD 10 - 15

Operating Hours:

Tuesday to Sunday: 11am - 11pm
Monday: Closed

46 Race Course Road
Singapore 218559

Contact Num: 6299 3809

Facebook here


Here is where Tulasi Restaurant can be located:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Daftar Ayam Aduan Online Deposit E-MONEY OVO CLUB388CASH

    Daftar SLOT ONLINE DEPOSIT PULSA TANPA POTONGAN CLUB388CASH

    Poker Online
    Situs Poker Online
    Situs Poker Deposit Pulsa

    CLUB388CASH ADALAH SISTUS AGEN BANDAR TARUHAN ONLINE TEPECAYA YANG MEMILIKI BANYAK PERMAINAN HANYA MENGGUNAKAN 1 AKUN ATAU 1 USER ID SAJA SEMUA DAPAT DI MAINKAN SEMUA DI PERMAINAN CLUB388CASH. TENTUNYA EVENT BONUS PROMO SETIAP BULAN NYA YANG MANTAPPP ^^

    CS 24jam Online
    JANGAN SAMPAI KEHABISAN FREECHIPSNYA !!

    SEHAT SELALU UNTUK KITA SEMUA ...ALWAYS THANKFULL AND GRATEFULL ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Online p2p poker SG

    ReplyDelete

About Us


About [span]me[/span]

Hello, We are the FoodNinjaSG.

We are food bloggers who are on a mission to search and hunt for food establishment with the best food experience.

Find out more About Us


Privacy Policy

By accessing the website at http://foodninjasg.blogspot.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.

Read more about our privacy policy